Thursday, April 22, 2010

7th Grader's PLE and Two Questions

7th Grader's PLE

In the videocast, a seventh grade science student is demonstrating the use of her PLE. She explained that it can be used for school and personal purposes. The student had her PLE organized to where the top row contained links to her personal social networks and the bottom row had resources for her class. She was using sources like YouTube and Delicious to do research. Her teacher also posted assignments on YouTube for the class to look-up and complete.
I have my PLE organized on my Blogger account. There are several links in my blogs that transfer to YouTube and other helpful links on college websites. I hope to soon have my PLE completely linked where my educational resources and social networking sites can be on the same page.

Two Questions

This video was by Daniel Pink and was very motivational. The first of the two questions was "What's your sentence?". Pink explained that great people in the past have been defined by a single sentence. He used examples of Franklin Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln. Pink urged us to make our sentence a goal to live by and accomplish something great.
The second question was "Was I better today than yesterday?". Pink explained that it's the way to become better each day.
I found this video and these two questions very inspirational and I will try to incorporate them into my daily life. I will also suggest them to friends who may be having a difficult time in hopes of motivating them also.

No comments:

Post a Comment