Sunday, May 2, 2010

Final Post

1. I found all of the things we covered in class to be useful. Upon entering the class, I was unaware of just how many free tools there are available on the internet. I also thought that many of them would be above my head. This class really helped me realize that these tools are easy to use and very beneficial.
One of the most useful things was Google Docs. I like being able to save pretty much everything to one place and to be able to communicate with other classmates. Saving items to Google Docs was useful because I could access them from any place with internet access.
I also liked how we used YouTube and iTunes for class. I discovered that many students are utilizing these two items for educational purposes. When I become a teacher, I plan to teach lessons using at least those two to make learning more diverse and ultimately enjoyable.
2. I can honestly say I learned a lot more than I expected to from this course. I feel well - versed in several aspects of technology and am more open to it.
3. There isn't anything I wish I had not learned.
4. One thing that excited me was the Skype session we had in class. When I was younger and went to Epcot, I remember one particular ride that was supposed to depict the future. One part of the ride showed a mother, away on business, talking to her kids by means of a computer. When we engaged in the Skype session, I realized that it has become a reality in such a short amount of time.
5. I found a lot of the Blog assignments to be not so much "intellectually challenging" so much as intellectually stimulating. A lot of the videos and blogs really made me think deeply about how far technology has come and just how much we're now able to accomplish.
6. I did not feel bored during class at any point in time. Every minute could be filled accomplishing something, whether it be a blog assignment, class assignment, or even further personal education.
7. I would not change anything about the course and I did not feel overworked.
8. I feel pretty literate in technology. If there's something I might be unsure about, I feel confident enough to figure it out.
9. I plan to continue learning about new technology tools that are developing. I will use such items like Google docs to prepare presentations professionally to show either a coworker or my students.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your honest reflections Angela. You are correct there are a lot of free tools out there on the web and new ones are being developed daily. Now that you know what is possible keep up with the new things that might be beneficial and cheap for a new teacher.

    I enjoyed your comment about Skype and I can relate. It really is amazing how far we have come in such a short time. Keep up the good work. SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. The future is now! Interesting!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete