Sunday, January 31, 2010

Podcasts

When I was reading the assignment for this particular blog, I was unsure of how familiar I was with listening to podcasts and using iTunes. I only listened to a podcast once before and was a little confused by it, but after watching how to use iTunes and use podcasts, it became quite simple. The podcasts I listened to and watched were those suggested by my instructor.
The first podcast was on SMARTBoard lesson 131. The podcast was hosted by Ben Hazzard and Joan Badger and they discussed new forms of media they discovered and provided brief descriptions. A few examples were Adobe Air, Webcut, and PhotoBooth. I found their podcast not only informative but interesting because they used musical transitions which made the podcast sound more professional.
The next podcast was Kidcast where videopodcasting was described and advocated. I thought this podcast was interesting because the speaker was an advocate for videopodcasting, yet the podcast was only audio. ConnectLearning episode 90 was a question and answer session and hosted by David Warlick. It was a recorded audio of librarians and media coordinators at a conference discussing what new technology is being used in their respective schools.
I found the last two podcasts - MacBreak Weekly and This Week in Photography- to be the most interesting. All the participants in MacBreak Weekly were connected not only with audio but by Skype as well. They were discussing the new iPad and the audio was very clear and enjoyable to listen to. This Week in Photography was the only podcast I listened to that was also a videopodcast. It was nice to see what the host was discussing.
I will keep these podcasts in mind whenever I create my own podcast. I will remember the things I did like - video, group discussion, and interviews and musical transitions - and will possibly use them in my future podcasts.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked the musical transitions in the Smartboard lessons too! I also totally agree that MacBreak Weekly and This Week in Photography were the most interesting. The iPad sounds pretty cool, huh? :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete